MSV TRACKDAYS – HOW WE ARE RESPONDING TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
MSVT NEWS March 2020
Updated: 21st March 18:00
Following the latest advice from government on social distancing, we are putting streamlined procedures in place to minimise the need for contact between people on our track days. These include:
- Registration/indemnity forms with driver/rider and emergency contact information will be completed in advance. These are attached to your final joining instructions email just prior to your track day.
- Post office style 'screens' are being installed at the registration points at some circuits, booths or alternative locations at others.
- Participants will be required to put on their own wristbands at registration.
- There will be no need for physical licence checks (you will be able to self-declare on the registration/indemnity form instead) - under review.
- We strongly request that only participants and essential helpers attend.
- We’ll be operating phased briefings with smaller groups (some will be in the open air) with no briefing wristbands required. The decision on open air or phased briefings for your track day will be indicated in the final joining instructions and confirmed at registration.
- No briefing will be required for experienced rider/drivers, i.e. if you have participated in a track day at that circuit within 18 months, subject to significant changes in weather or track-conditions
- The helmet hire and in-car instruction options have been removed until the end of April.
- We request that only customers that are booked in and essential helpers attend the track day.
We will provide more detailed information in the coming days. These measures will be in place until further notice.
IMPORTANT: If you have any symptoms of Coronavirus as per the NHS website (see here) you must not attend a trackday. Furthermore if you have been advised to self-isolate then please contact us in advance of the event and we will add a credit to your account for a future track day.
Should the situation evolve and it is not possible for us to operate a track day due to the Coronavirus, we will automatically issue a credit for the full amount of your booking, valid for 12 months.